Here are the current top mattresses of 2021. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
As we enter 2021, the industry is strained with mattress brand names.
The below brands have been the top mattresses of 2021 thus far.
Remember, these are not listed in any particular order.
So, if you’re searching for the best mattress available, you can’t go wrong with any of the following brands. If you’re wanting to purchase a mattress online, any of the brands listed below would be a great choice.
- Most people would agree that Puffy has earned its spot as one of the most comfortable mattress brands available. Many suggest that the Puffy is like sleeping on a cloud.
- People suffering from back pain, say that they feel relief with Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology.
- With Puffy, you receive both a 101 night sleep trial, alongside a lifetime warranty.
- Incredible mattress for your money. Very high quality mattress. It does take 2 days before the Puffy Mattress is sent; since the mattress is made to order.
- Puffys’ first layer is CertiPUR-US Certified, and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is responsible for making you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. The final layer of Puffy is Firm Core Support Foam, which is also CertiPUR-US Certified. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- Another terrific mattress choice, is the ever popular DreamCloud mattress.
- Dreamcloud has great contour and bounce, thanks to its natural latex coat.
- A few highlights of this mattress aside from the tufting are stitched handles across the side, a cost of $ 1,199 for a queen size and flax yarns and cashmere blend.
- Comes with a 365 night sleep trial, compared to 100 nights for most brands.
- New pocket coil technology permits the manufacturing price to be cheaper, and the savings are passed directly to the client. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- Purple Mattress is one of the most known and popular mattress brands on the market.
- Purple uses hyper-elastic polymer in the construction of their mattresses, as opposed to memory foam.
- Purple mattress feels different compared to any other brand on the market.
- Purple mattress sleeps cool, all while responding well to motion transfer.
- The first layer of Purple is made of polyurethane foam, while its last layer is made of polyurethane foam. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- Nolah’s flagship product, the Signature uses proprietary AirFoam”, along with high density polyfoam for a soft but supportive feel.
- The Nolah Signature 12 is a luxury flippable all-foam mattress that’s medium-firm on one side and medium-soft on the other.
- If you have a partner, and are easily disturbed during the night, the Nolah Signature would be a great choice, due to how well it handles motion transfer.
- Every Nolah mattress comes with a 120 night sleep trial, and free shipping. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- Sweetnight sells a full range of mattresses and pillows, most of which feature gel memory foam as a main feature.
- Some Sweetnight products can be purchased on Amazon, but not all of their products, or mattress sizes.
- Sweetnight has 5 mattress models to choose from, both memory foam and hybrid.
- Sweetnight offers a 100 night sleep trial, as well as free shipping for all of its mattress models.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.You can purchase Sweetnight in a hybrid or memory foam model. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- Nectar Sleep is one of the worlds fastest growing sleep companies, and was voted Best Memory Foam mattress.
- Nectar guarantees ideal sleep through optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort with our mattresses, pillows and other sleeping products.
- An all foam bed in a box, Nectar contains multiple layers of high-quality memory foam.
- If you are a back sleeper, and light or average in weight, you will not beat the pressure relief, comfort and support of Nectar.
- Nectar offers a Lifetime warranty and 365 night sleep trial for their mattresses. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- The Awara is a hybrid mattress, which means that it combines an innerspring support core with a significant comfort system.
- A latex hybrid, Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex is certified by the Rainforest Alliance, meaning it meets criteria on economic, social, and environmental sustainability and impact.
- With the top cover being made of New Zealand wool and organic cotton, the latex of the Awara is also GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) certified. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- The The Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.
- The Saatva Classic is made with high-quality, eco-friendly materials, and is completely customizable. There are 3 firmness level, sizes and heights available.
- Saatva also provides at home setup, and removal of your old mattress at no charge.
- Every Saatva comes with a 180 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- Idle Hybrid has 2 firmness levels, Medium and Firm. The mattress is flippable, with each side having a different firmness.
- Customers may also opt for a mattress that measures “medium” on one side and “luxury firm” on the other.
- The Idle Hybrid is Idle Sleeps best selling mattress, offering just the right amount of bounce, with their blend of memory foam and latex.
- Idle Sleep has the longest sleep trial in the industry at 18 MONTHS. Every mattress also comes with a lifetime warranty. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
- PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is this California-based brand’s most popular mattress.
- The Botanical Bliss is sold in two firmness options: Medium and Firm. It is made from organic materials, including an organic cotton cover, a layer of organic New Zealand wool, and multiple layers of organic Dunlop latex.
- Plushbeds Botanical is actually recommended by chiropractors and orthopedic specialists. This is due to it promoting spinal health, and being 100% latex.
- If you like to sleep cool and also have some bounce in your mattress, the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss would be a perfect option.
- PlushBeds ships for free, and comes with a 100 night sleep trial. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Support and Comfort
If you are looking to buy a new mattress, 2 of the biggest aspects will be comfort and support.
You want a few things to take place whenever you lie down.
You want the sinkage and shape to be right, for proper spine alignment.
You also need a mattress to properly support your body, as you sleep at night.
Proper alignment of the body while you sleep is critical.
This is important to make sure you are reducing neck and back pain, as well as have a healthy sleep.
While not only supporting your body, a mattress needs to be a good source of stress relief.
Your stress points are what actually cause you to thrash during the evening.
Memory foam is known for being great at both support, and being comfortable through out the night. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Should You Choose Firm or Soft?
This is along the same lines, as when we talk about comfort and support.
Just like a mattress shouldn’t be too hard, it should never be too soft.
What you want in a mattress, is one that ensures your spine and body stay in a neutral position.
Too much rigidity in a mattress will irritate the stress variables, making pinched nerves, in addition to the blood to stop flowing.
If you find that a lot of the times you awake, with the sensation of having pins and needles in your body, this is a sign of a mattress that is too rigid.
And if your mattress is too soft, this can create a sagging effect, similar to a hammock.
When this happens, you can find yourself with back pain, due to your spine not being correctly aligned.
Hopefully now you understand why we want a mattress to be as close to neutral as possible.
What you want is a mattress that is soft in all the right places, but not too soft overall.
You also need a mattress firm enough to be supportive; without being too rigid. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
One feature most don’t think about when shopping for a new mattress, is the fever neutrality, or ‘breathability’ of a mattress.
The best thing that memory foam has going for them, is their ability to conform to your body.
With that being said, once the layers of a memory foam mattress start to diminish, it can create ‘the oven result’.
Which essentially just means your body heat gets caught inside the mattress, causing you to sleep hot.
Good thing is most mattress brands now use advanced technology to create special materials to prevent this.
The goal of every mattress company is to offer breathability, allow you to sleep cool and also provide warmth where it should.
As with all things, some companies are better than others at doing this. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
It’s not a huge surprise, that if you’re in the market for a high quality mattress, it normally comes with a nice price tag.
It’s a big investment to make, so when you purchase one, it’s vital to find a mattress that will certainly last you for years.
You’ll want a mattress that uses premium materials and advanced technologies, with the goal of finding a mattress that can last you a lifetime.
Since you’re going to invest in a new mattress, make sure to pay attention to warranties. Find a brand with at least a 10 year warranty. Consumer Reports Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Quick Links to Other Top Mattresses: