Here are the current top mattresses of 2024. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
In 2024, you can be overwhelmed by the amount of mattress brands available.
Below you’ll find the 10 mattresses that have been the best for 2024.
Keep in mind, they are listed in no specific order.
So, if you’re searching for the best mattress available, you can’t go wrong with any of the following brands. If you’re wanting to purchase a mattress online, any of the brands listed below would be a great choice.
- Most people would agree that Puffy has earned its spot as one of the most comfortable mattress brands available. They say it’s the equivalent of sleeping on a cloud.
- Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology has been known to really help ease back pain.
- With Puffy, you receive both a 101 night sleep trial, alongside a lifetime warranty.
- Incredible mattress for your money. Very high quality mattress. It does take 2 days before the Puffy Mattress is sent; since the mattress is made to order.
- The top layer of Puffy is CertiPUR-US Certified, and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is the layer that gives you the “sleeping on a cloud” sensation. The last layer, made up Firm Core Support Foam, is also CertiPUR-US Certified. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- Dreamcloud is one of the best choices you could make for a mattress.
- Having a premium natural latex coat, DreamCloud provides a good bounce, and extra contour.
- Some of Dreamclouds highlights include: stitched handles across the sides, cashmere blends and flax yarns.
- As a luxury mattress, Dreamcloud comes with a full year sleep trial, compared to the industry average of 100 nights.
- Pocket Coil Technology allows for cheaper manufacturing costs, and the savings are based to you as the buyer. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- Purple Mattress is one of the most well known mattress companies worldwide.
- The Purple mattress isn’t made from memory foam like most, but instead from hyper-elastic polymer.
- Purple mattress feels different compared to any other brand on the market.
- Purple mattress sleeps cool, all while responding well to motion transfer.
- Purples’ first layer is made of a hyper-elastic polymer gel grid, and its’ bottom layer is constructed of polyurethane foam. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- Nolah’s flagship product, the Signature uses proprietary AirFoam”, along with high density polyfoam for a soft but supportive feel.
- The Signature 12 is a flippable mattress with two different firmness options. Medium-firm on one side, and Medium-soft on the other.
- If you have a partner, and are easily disturbed during the night, the Nolah Signature would be a great choice, due to how well it handles motion transfer.
- Every Nolah mattress comes with a 120 night sleep trial, and free shipping. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- Sweetnight sells a full range of mattresses and pillows, most of which feature gel memory foam as a main feature.
- Some Sweetnight products can be purchased on Amazon, but not all of their products, or mattress sizes.
- Sweetnight has been voted Best Budget mattress, and has a mattress for everyone, with 5 models to choose from.
- Includes a 100 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Available in both memory foam and hybrid. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- Voted Best Memory Foam Mattress, Nectar Sleep is one of the world’s fastest-growing sleep companies.
- Nectar guarantees ideal sleep with all of their products, through optimal levels of comfort, breathability, breathability and coolness.
- The Nectar mattress is an all-foam bed in a box mattress that contains multiple layers of high-quality memory foam.
- It is great for light to medium weight side and back sleepers, looking pressure relief and overall comfort and support.
- Every Nectar mattress comes with a full year to try it out, as well as a Forever warranty. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- Awara offers both innerspring support, along with a comfort system in their luxury hybrid mattress.
- A latex hybrid, Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- Rainforest Alliance certified, the latex of the Awara meets criteria on economic, social, and environmental sustainability and impact.
- With the top cover being made of New Zealand wool and organic cotton, the latex of the Awara is also GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) certified. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- The Saatva offers everything a side sleeper could ask for, without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand, with its Saatva Classic mattress.Saatva Classic mattress offers all the features side sleepers need without sacrificing the decadence of a luxury brand.
- It’s completely customizable you can choose between 3 different firmness levels, heights, and sizes and is made with high-quality, eco-friendly materials.
- Saatva also provides at home setup, and removal of your old mattress at no charge.
- Every Saatva comes with a 180 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- The Idle Sleep Hybrid is available in two firmness options: “medium,” which measures six out of 10 on the firmness scale, and “luxury firm,” which measures at an 8 out of 10.
- Customers may also opt for a mattress that measures “medium” on one side and “luxury firm” on the other.
- The Idle Hybrid is Idle Sleeps best selling mattress, offering just the right amount of bounce, with their blend of memory foam and latex.
- Every Idle mattress comes with a lifetime warranty and an 18 MONTH sleep trial; the longest in the industry. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
- PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is this California-based brand’s most popular mattress.
- Made from organic materials, including an organic cotton cover, a layer of organic New Zealand wool, and multiple layers of organic Dunlop latex, the mattress is sold in two firmness options: Medium and Firm.
- Plushbeds Botanical is actually recommended by chiropractors and orthopedic specialists. This is due to it promoting spinal health, and being 100% latex.
- If you are looking a mattress that has good bounce, and sleeps cool, the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss may be for you.
- Comes with a 100 night sleep trial and free shipping. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
Support and Comfort
Comfort and support are two of the biggest aspects when looking to buy a new mattress.
You want a few things to take place whenever you lie down.
For proper spine alignment, you want the sinkage and shape to be just right.
You will want adequate support while you sleep through out the night.
Proper alignment of the body while you sleep is critical.
This is crucial for healthy sleep, and to also make sure you are reducing neck and back pain.
A mattress also should be a good source of stress relief, along with supporting your body.
The stress points in your body are precisely what is in control of you thrashing during the evening.
Memory Foam mattresses have earned their way into the spotlight, by not only being comfortable, but as equally supportive. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
Should You Choose Firm or Soft?
This is pretty much the same as when we talk about comfort and support.
Just like a mattress shouldn’t be too hard, it should never be too soft.
What you’re aiming for is a mattress that is neutral, to ensure both your spine and your body stay in a healthy position.
Too much rigidity in a mattress will irritate the stress variables, making pinched nerves, in addition to the blood to stop flowing.
If you find that a lot of the times you awake, with the sensation of having pins and needles in your body, this is a sign of a mattress that is too rigid.
And if your mattress is too soft, this can create a sagging effect, similar to a hammock.
This can trigger back pain, caused by uneven spinal alignment.
This is why it’s imperative to find a mattress that is close to neutral.
What you want is a mattress that is soft in all the right places, but not too soft overall.
You likewise want a mattress that has some firmness to it; just not too rigid. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
One of the most commonly missed over attributes of a mattress is the breathability or fever neutrality of the mattress material.
One of memory foams best features, is how they can adapt to your body.
With that being said, once the layers of a memory foam mattress start to diminish, it can create ‘the oven result’.
Basically meaning the mattress catches and holds your body heat.
The good news is, with advanced technology, most mattress brands have a way to prevent this.
Mattress companies want their design to sleep cool, but also provide warmth where it should, and also provide breathability.
Some companies do a much better job at this, than a number of their competitors. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
This should come as no surprise, but when looking for a high quality mattress, it’s normal for them to come with a hefty price tag.
It’s a big investment to make, so when you purchase one, it’s vital to find a mattress that will certainly last you for years.
You’ll want a mattress that uses premium materials and advanced technologies, with the goal of finding a mattress that can last you a lifetime.
When shopping for a mattress, pay close attention to the warranty. Your goal should be finding a brand with at least a standard 10 year warranty. Best Mattress Type For Lower Back Pain
Quick Links to Other Top Mattresses: